All languages as PDF for download.
Tag Archives: w2eu puplication
Welcome to Greece! – Some facts about the refugee’ guide of Welcome to Europe
There have been several articles in different in Greek and English language media about the “Welcome to Greece!” guide of our network. Most of them up to now have been denouncing and/or misinforming though. Mostly, journalists obviously didn’t even read the guide before writing about it. To avoid further misunderstandings leading to the defamation of the guide here are some explanations:
- Some basic information: The guide „Welcome to Greece!“ (see: http://lesvos.w2eu.net/info-for-refugees/welcome-to-greece-guide/) exists in four languages, English, Arabic, Farsi, French. The first version was published in August 2014, an updated version in July 2015. It is produced by the network Welcome to Europe and it was mainly distributed during what we call the “Journeys back to the border”, when refugees who arrived via Greece in Europe go back every year to welcome those who arrive newly.
- The guide is distributed for free and it can be downloaded on the website w2eu.info for free as well. We invite again all solidarity groups and structures to download it and reprint it. Many solidarity groups acting in Greece have already asked us to print and spread the guide or get already printed version for distribution as there is an immanent lack of information leading to a high degree of anxiety and stress among the newly arriving. Many people are distributing the guide currently belonging to different groups and their feedback is just: That more guides are needed!
- It is one of the huge gaps in Greece during this current humanitarian crisis concerning the situation of refugees that they don’t have the information they need in order to understand their rights, possibilities and obligations in Greece and Europe as well as the situation and place they specifically find themselves in upon arrival. Our main aim is to inform the people and to give them as much space as possible to take their own decisions grounded on knowledge of the situation: against the deadly consequences of a migration regime that forces them to take these dangerous routes. With thousands of refugees arriving daily in Greece, the capacities of UNHCR, NGOs and solidarity groups are much too low as to provide each newcomer orally with basic information about their rights in their own language. Continue reading Welcome to Greece! – Some facts about the refugee’ guide of Welcome to Europe
Information for Refugees
- WELCOME TO GREECE!
An info-guide for refugees and migrants in english, dari, arabic and french.
- English: Welcome to Greece-english
- See also: http://w2eu.info/greece.en.html
- Arabic: Welcome to Greece-arabic
- See also: http://w2eu.info/greece.ar/articles/greece-welcome-guide-aliunan-dlil-altrxhib-almylumat.html
- Dari: Welcome to Greece-dari
- French: Welcome to Greece-french
- Last update: July 2015
- Greece Balcans Dublin Guide
An info-guide for refugees and migrants in english, dari, arabic about having Fingerprints in the Balkans and what to do when you arrive in your Destination (like Germany, Sweden …)-
Update: Arrivals in Lesvos
Articel in Greek about arrivals in Lesvos.
More than 33.000 refugees arrived on Lesvos in August 2015.
9,464 Refugees arrived in Lesvos in the Week from Friday, August 14 and the night of Wednesday, August 19. (More Statistics here.)
Currently there are around 9.500 refugees on the island. They stay in the overcrowded
Moria detention center, in a provisional camp outside the Moria detention center, in the arrival points Molivos, Sikaminia,Klio and Kaloni.
Solidarity groups take care of them.
An industry using the situation of the recently arriving refugees has grown, selling them everything they need overpriced: water for the double, taxis taking 50€ for every distance, hotels refusing them except if they pay triple the price.
Download: Updated Welcome to Europe Info Guide Greece Ready!!!!!
The Welcome to Europe Info-Guide is now available in an updated version (as of July 2015).
Download the web version here:
w2eu info guide greece (web version)
For a print version with higher analysis please send an e-mail request to: email@example.com